Name: Kriemhild Sub Ohm Tank (Vapefly) – Atomizer – received by the manufacturer
Type: Head coil Atomizer
Colors: Black, Stainless Steel, Gunmetal, Black-Gold
Price: ~ € 45
Kriemhild a Vapefly giant atomizer to make big clouds
After the good success with the Brunhilde RTA, goes on the collaboration between the Chinese manufacturer Vapefly and the German team German 103 continues, founded by Martin Hartkopf (youtube channel “DampfWolke7”), which now presents a head coil atomizer for direct to lung vape lovers. Also for this new product, the creators decided to be inspired by the female characters of the mythological cycle of Siegfried and the Nibelungs, deciding to call the atom Kriemhild, the beautiful Gunther sister, king of the Burgundians, one of the main characters of the epic poem The song of the Nibelungs.
We start as usual by looking at the contents of the package.
IN THE BOX
1 x Kriemhild Tank
1 x Spare Glass
1 x O-rings and seals bag
1 x Ni80 Triple Mesh 0.15 Ohm Coil head (pre-installed)
1 x Ni80 Single Mesh 0.2 Ohm Coil head
1 x User manual
DESIGN AND BUILD QUALITY
The Kriemhild atomizer, made entirely of stainless steel (the manufacturer does not provide information on the type of steel), certainly does not go unnoticed under the aesthetic point of view; this tank remind me the Brunhilde MTL RTA, it may or may not like it, it certainly has an imposing appearance, I dare say Teutonic. The build quality appears very good, perfectly in line with the most recent productions of the major Chinese manufacturers. The processes are precise and free of burrs, good tolerances and seals of the O-rings, and overall the product is to be considered a mid-market product.
As for the design, as mentioned above, we are not dealing with an atomizer with sober and minimal lines, quite the opposite, here we are dealing with a massive, austere and bulky object (26 mm in diameter) which makes being flashy its strength, or perhaps weakness…
The numbers of the Kriemhild help us to understand why in the title of this review we defined it as a giant: 26.0 mm in diameter, 55.5 mm in height, about 87 grams in weight and 5 ml capacity.
The tank, whose appearance at first sight suggests to all intents and purposes an RTA, consists of five main parts: the base, a vaporization chamber with chimney (inside which is housed the coil), a glass tank, the top cap and the drip tip.
The base has a protruding gold-plated pin and is equipped with a double slot for the airflow control, which can be completely partialized and with a limit switch. The dimensions of the two slots are very generous (14.2 mm x 3.0 mm) and make it clear the type of vaping that awaits us with this device.
The large and rather low vaporization chamber to best accommodate the big coil made by the manufacturer, is equipped with four large fixed slots for the e-liquid inlet, which close automatically thanks to a bulkhead system in case of coil extraction, allowing the user to change it even when the tank is full.
On the top cap, in addition to the engraved name “Kriemhild”, there is (immediately above the name) a small arrow that indicates the sliding position of the top of the top cap to access to the large e-liquid refill hole.
The delrin drip tip has an 810 connection, is slightly flared and has an outlet hole with a diameter of approximately 10 mm.
COILING, WICKING AND FILLING
The Kriemhild coils use the plug&play system to be installed so you have simply to pull your old coil and press the new one inside the chamber. Equally simple is the filling action of the tank which is carried out, as mentioned earlier, from above by slightly lifting and then sliding the top cap of the atomizer. The refill hole is really large and allows you to fill the tank with any type of bottle.
PERFORMANCES AND FLAVOUR
From a technical point of view, the performance of the Kriemhild and its coils are absolutely impeccable even if it must be said that the draw, although always linear and precise, is a little noisy.
I will now focus on the analysis and the aromatic performances of the two coils in the box:
- Ni80 Triple Mesh head 0.15 Ohm (pre-installed) – the production of vapor is massive from the minimum 50 W recommended by the manufacturer, the vapor is fat and full-bodied and is quite cold if you use it at the minimum wattage, pleasantly warm at 80 watts; as easily foreseeable, this coil is not at all thrifty in terms of e-liquid consumption. The aromatic restitution is really good especially with creamy mixes, while it is a bit difficult with the fruity recipes. Finally, there are some reservations regarding the life cycle of this coil which, from my tests has barely exceeded 10 days of life using e-liquids with 60/40 and 70/30 VPG ratio;
- Ni80 Single Mesh 0.2 Ohm Coil head – also in this circumstance the vapor production is abundant with a slightly less fat yield than the Triple Mesh, which makes this coil a little more versatile and able to express itself better with fruity mixes than the Triple Mesh. However, it is understood that, in general, the optimal field of action of this coil is with of sweet and super creamy liquids. Aromatically speaking, its performance is good but in my opinion lower than the performance of the Triple mesh 0.15 ohm even if the positive aspect is that this head “drinks” less e-liquid and has a longer duration than the Triple Mesh (approximately two weeks).
Quality direct to lung vape without the commitment of rebuildable systems? Vapefly Kriemhild is an excellent response to this type of need, especially for those who are more prone to using sweet and creamy liquids. An atomizer that compared to a cost quite in line with other competitors products, offers more than good build quality and respectable performance, certainly above the market average.
Recommended to: Newbies, skilled, hardcore vapers.
- In the Box - 8.5/108.5/10
- Design & Build Quality - 7.5/107.5/10
- Features - 8.5/108.5/10
- Coiling, WIcking and Filling - 10/1010/10
- Performances and Flavour - 8/108/10